<!left column td-->
<!end left column td-->
<!center main body platen-->
<!end center main body platen-->
STAR SEARCH NASHVILLE & TROWBRIDGE SYMPOSIUM
SEMINARS and WORKSHOPS
* Register - tickets for seminars & workshops in GENERAL ADMISSION
See PROGRAMME .
See 2007 workshop pictures in Winners '07
See 2006 workshop pictures in Workshops 2006
See 2005 workshop pictures in Workshops 2005
See 2004 workshop pictures in Workshops 2004
See 2003 workshop pictures in Workshops 2003
See 2002 workshop pictures in Workshops 2002
It's For You
All styles and genres
Dancers & Performing Artists
Agents - Promoters
Artist and writer showcases
Trophy and award show
Invaluable contact with Nashville industry figures
The opportunity to be heard
Powerful information, ideas, and skills to help you further your goals in your music career
Renewed energy and validation of your work
Full day Thursday - 12 hours nonstop personal and private training from the industry's best in Vocal coaching; Stage performance coaching; Image
for your career in showbiz; Songwriting. Includes the executive panel "How To Succeed In This Business Of Music".
Full day Friday - nonstop showcases with stage, lights, sound, and video/TV filming throughout. Your showcase is video'd and sound recorded. You
may get a cut on the SSNI * '08 CD, released nationally! And, you could end up on inet, youtube, or TV. [No guarantees. Not everyone can be a winner.]
Saturday - Finalists playoff, followed by the Awards Banquet.
Other great prizes and awards coming!
- - Win a full day in Beauty Spa (Dancer of the Year trophy)
- Win a Music Video (value $10,000.00 - Best of Show trophy)
- Win a Publishing Contract (value $priceless - Best Song trophy)
- Trowbridge Youth Achievement Award wins CASH prize and
- All trophies win a recording session in Nashville's famed Music Row (studio only)
At the beautiful OPRYLAND HOTEL & RESORT in Nashville TN July 31 - Aug 02
Your ticket to success!
NEW THINGS AT SSNI THIS YEAR
New seminars and workshops
The Next Step In Your Music Career
Songwriting Ahead of the Curve (with DON KING, JERRY VANDIVER & other hit writers TBA)
The Nashville Number System
Pitching and Plugging Your Songs
Peer Jams (Late Night)
Music Career Topics
Individual and small group focused Voice - Image - Stage Performance and Career Counsel workshops
"Best Of Show" trophy WINS a MUSIC VIDEO & TV promotion, and Music Row recording session.
"Best Song" trophy WINS a PUBLISHING CONTRACT and Music Row recording session.
"Dancer of the Year" trophy WINS a FULL DAY IN NASHVILLE BEAUTY SPA with limo service from your hotel.
All trophies WIN a Music Row recording session in a $10M 96-track SSL APR recording studio.
* Symposium: "Succeeding In This Business of Music" Series - For artists, dancers, songwriters, singers, musicians, and everyone working an entertainment career. How to succeed in hyper-competitive environments like Nashville, NYC, and Miami. [With special guest executives TBA]
* "Songwriting Ahead Of The Curve" with SPECIAL GUEST hit writer DON KING or JERRY VANDIVER or other (TBA) -
Song critiques, discussion, and insider facts and fictions from today's hit writers.
Other special guests TBA.
(Previous years have featured DON KING, JERRY VANDIVER, JASON BLUME, TERRY BROWN, JERRY CUPIT, and BOB FELDMAN.)
* Seminar (MB 2000): "Recording Sessions Primer" by TBA.
* Seminar (MB 2000): "Self Promotion and Pitching" by industry figures.
* Seminar : "What A Producer Can Do For You" by industry executives.
* "The Nashville Number System" - Simple explanation of the chart number system, and why it works.
* "Your press / publicity kit" - What it is and why you need one; how to make your promo (promotional) kit.
* "Career counseling" - Individual time with an industry professional for nurture and advice.
* "Vocal coaching" (MB 2000) - Vocal techniques and individual tune up by some of Nashville's finest Stephen Nix, Juilliard alumnus and owner of Nix-It Music Publishing and Bellasar Productions. Ron Browning, coach of Patty Labelle and Wynonna. (Subject to change. Instructors TBA.)
Music Business: "Recording The Right Demo For You"
What demo or session is the right one for you. How to and where to record. Question and answer session.
Music Business (MB 1000): "Copyrights and Legal Issues"
Protecting your work. U.S. Copyright Law; how and when to file. Alternate methods of protecting your songs and recorded work. Question and answer session.
Music Business (MB 2000): "Royalties and PRO's"
Songwriter royalties and Performing Rights Organizations (PRO's) - How they work and what they do and don't do for you. Types of royalties. Question and answer session.
"Being Effective in Your Stage Performances"
"Having an Agenda" "Preparation and Timing" "Executing and Presentation" "Closing and Finishing".
Trowbridge Writers Seminar: Directions and Salutations
McClure & Trowbridge Publishing Ltd company highlights, new directions, and awards. Discussion. [Trowbridge Writers and Associates]
[Subject to change. Workshop topics and selection varies year to year.]
<!right column td-->
<!end right column td-->
Vocal Coach Stephen Nix
6 Steps To Songwriting Success by Jason Blume